SENIOR TECHNICAL DESIGNER
FOOTWEAR DESIGN HUB IS LOOKING FOR A Senior TECHNICAL DESIGNER
FOR THE FOOTWEAR DESIGN HUB LOCATED IN LAHORE, PAKISTAN.
WITH AN IMPRESSIVE ARRAY OF NEW COMPUTING TECHNOLOGY AND THE LATEST SOFTWARE, OUR HIGHLY SKILLED CREATIVE TEAM IS READY TO MEET THE DEMANDS OF ALL ITS VALUED CUSTOMERS AROUND THE WORLD.
Senior Technical Designer of the FOOTWEAR DESIGN HUB.
the Technical Designer designs and assists with the production of shoes (and accessories), identifies trends, and selects styles, fabrics, and leathers, colors, prints and trims for a collection. Technical Designers either design haute couture or ready-to-wear stuff.
- The Technical Designer oversees addressing (technically speaking) the product design and development services to customer companies of the Centre.
- Technical Designer oversees the technological aspects towards Customers of the fashion-design services.
- Technical Designer is able to practically deliver all the “Technical Services” and support the “Marketing Services” proposed in the Service Portfolio of the Design HUB, in close collaboration with the business staff:
- SHOE PROJECT ANALYSIS (goal: evaluate the idea of customer and make it real).
- SHOE DESIGN (first concepts of the shoe design as a sketch).
- SHOE DEVELOPMENT (technical project -also realized with 3D tool- always based on the required needs).
- SHOE FIRST PROTOTYPING (first prototype of the shoe).
- SHOE FINAL SAMPLING FOR THE MARKET (release of the final sample, after the internal finishing).
- A Senior Technical Designer must be also able to carry out the Industrial/Production Services:
- SHOE PROJECT INDUSTRIALIZATION (implementation of all step activities needed for the in-line production of the shoe).
- SHOE PRODUCTION (advising customer by keeping under control specific technical standards and timing).
- PRODUCT AND PROCESS QUALITY (advising customer in the quality control/ quality standards of the final shoe).
Senior Technical Designer reference
The ideal candidate must have a training as patternmaker, working experience in the pattern-making department, better if as function head; knowledge of CAD/CAM instruments and business-related experience “on the field”.
Experience in the field of footwear production and a good knowledge of the most modern machinery, could be preferable, as well as aspects of product engineering (product technical sheet and working process), management and optimization of production (included in the field of technological activities).
The Technical Designer knows how to relate and deal with footwear customer experts such as:
- cutter/operator of the cutting machine
- person in charge of upper preparation (skiving, stitching, profiling moulding)
- person in charge of lasting operations and shoe bottom working
- person in charge of sole and shoe finishing
Technical Designer Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in design or fine arts, or college degree in fashion design or related field. 5+ years design experience.
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel and Adobe Illustrator.
- Patternmaker skills and requirements.
- Availability to travel for research and product development.
- Ability to do sketches by hand.
- Proficient design and conceptual skills.
- Proficient sense of style and color.
- Outstanding communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to meet multiple deadlines.
The Design HUB Is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, and national origin.
We offer you an inspiring working environment and a challenging fulltime job.
We are interested in learning more about you and appreciate you taking the time to apply online.
Please include your cover letter and CV.
A written vision on the chances and treats concerning the Design HUB future is a surplus.
COME JOIN OUR TEAM!
Design HUB (PFMA)
6-F Rehman Business Center
32-B-III, Gulberg III,
For detailed information please contact: 0300 6366 985